This page includes all updates related to SAI’s response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). For all SAI Alerts, and SAI health & safety resources, please see Alerts.
The SAI Health and Safety Committee is continuously monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Europe, and we are keeping all current students, parents, and 金殿棋牌 schools up-to-date on decisions and recommendations via email. We are weighing each decision we make very carefully, and keeping in mind our student safety, as well as the large efforts, both financial and otherwise, it takes for students to study abroad.
For in-depth information about COVID-19, we suggest the following resources:
| | |
Summer 金殿棋牌 Programs
On April 20, 金殿棋牌, we made the difficult decision to cancel all on-site Summer 金殿棋牌 programs. We are, however, beginning to offer virtual program options to students who would like the opportunity to have an international experience from 金殿棋牌. Students who had completed an application to SAI Summer 金殿棋牌 on-site programs will have the option to defer their enrollment to a future SAI term, enroll in a virtual Summer 金殿棋牌 program, or receive a refund.
Fall 金殿棋牌 Programs
We have extended all application deadlines for SAI Fall 金殿棋牌 programs, to allow students more time to make a decision about whether to study abroad. Additionally, we have revised our Fall 金殿棋牌 cancellation policy so that students are not liable for program costs until 44 days before the program begins.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Updates
April 20, 金殿棋牌: Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all Summer 金殿棋牌 on-site programs. We are encouraging all interested students to consider our virtual study abroad programs.
March 31, 金殿棋牌: Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all Summer 金殿棋牌 on-site programs with start dates prior to June 15, 金殿棋牌. All programs with start dates after June 15, 金殿棋牌 are expected to continue as normal.
March 18, 金殿棋牌: All SAI Spring 金殿棋牌 students have safely departed their host cities in Italy, Spain and France, to continue their studies remotely.
March 12, 金殿棋牌 2:00PM PT: In light of last night’s U.S. government announcements, France’s expanding COVID-19 cases, and the French government decision to close all schools beginning next week, we are asking all SAI Paris Spring 金殿棋牌 students to immediately make arrangements to leave Paris and continue semester coursework remotely. Students, parents, and 金殿棋牌 schools have been notified directly about this decision, and further details have been provided.
March 12, 金殿棋牌 11:00AM PT: In light of last night’s U.S. government announcements, Spain’s expanding COVID-19 cases, and Barcelona host school decisions to move all remaining semester coursework to remote, we are asking all SAI Barcelona Spring 金殿棋牌 students to immediately make arrangements to leave Barcelona and complete semester coursework remotely. Students, parents, and 金殿棋牌 schools have been notified directly about this decision, and further details have been provided.
March 11, 金殿棋牌 8:30PM PT: We are aware of tonight’s U.S. Presidential Proclamation restricting travel to the U.S. from the Schengen Area. It is important to note that the travel restriction will not apply to any lawful permanent resident of the U.S. We have additionally just become aware of the US Department of State (DOS) and US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) travel alert escalations. Our Italy programs remain suspended at this time. At the moment, our Spain and France programs are continuing to run while the SAI Safety Committee meets to discuss this evolving situation. We will provide further updates on March 12, 金殿棋牌.
March 9, 金殿棋牌: Italy’s Prime Minister has announced that the country will limit people’s movement throughout Italy to help curb the spread of Coronavirus. SAI suspended all our Spring 金殿棋牌 Italy programs on March 2, 金殿棋牌 and all students were given until March 12, 金殿棋牌 to make arrangements to return 金殿棋牌. SAI on-site staff will provide any necessary assistance to all students who are departing in the next few days, to ensure a safe return 金殿棋牌.
March 4, 金殿棋牌: We are continuing to monitor the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Europe. While we have suspended our Italy programs, the situation is different in Paris and Barcelona, and those SAI programs continue to run as normal. Suspending a study abroad program has enormous consequences, especially for students who have worked so hard to make this experience possible, and we do not take these decisions lightly. We will continue to monitor USDOS and CDC announcements for France and Spain to inform our decision-making.
March 2, 金殿棋牌: Over the past 10 days, we have done our very best to take measured steps regarding our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Italy in order to determine the best decision for students in our programs. Unfortunately, Italy has become one of only a few countries that is a major source of health risk due to the virus, and we must respond accordingly. For this reason, SAI has suspended all programs in Italy. We are asking all students to depart Italy and return 金殿棋牌 as soon as possible, but no later than Thursday, March 12, 金殿棋牌. Students, parents, and 金殿棋牌 schools have been contacted directly with details.
February 29, 金殿棋牌: SAI is tracking the recent USDOS Travel Advisory elevation to Level 4: Do Not Travel for two regions of Italy: Lombardy and Veneto. Due to this escalation, we are announcing the suspension of all SAI Milan programs, and are instructing students to return 金殿棋牌 as soon as possible. Milan is the only SAI host city that falls within this new level. Students, parents, and 金殿棋牌 schools have been contacted directly with details.
February 28, 金殿棋牌: This afternoon, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and US Department of State have elevated the travel alert for Italy to Level 3: avoid/reconsider non-essential travel. SAI has contacted students, parents, and 金殿棋牌 school partners noting that we will not immediately be suspending or cancelling programs in Italy, but we are providing all assistance to those who wish to return 金殿棋牌. Our decision may change based on continued conversations and evaluation.
February 27, 金殿棋牌: We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Europe. We are currently working with all our partner schools in Europe to make contingency plans for students to complete coursework, should schools need to close. We are also working with students on a case-by-case basis who would like to depart Italy. The SAI Health & Safety Committee is in direct contact with students and their emergency contacts, as well as 金殿棋牌 Universities, with detailed status updates.
February 25, 金殿棋牌: The SAI Health & Safety Committee is continuing to monitor the evolving situation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Europe. Milan schools remain closed until March 2, 金殿棋牌, and all other SAI host schools are continuing as normal, with some choosing to suspend field travel and excursions. All SAI students have been made aware of the procedures to follow if they think they may have been exposed to the virus.
February 23, 金殿棋牌: In light of the latest developments regarding the Coronavirus in Italy, all universities in Milan will be closed until March 2, 金殿棋牌. Several small towns in Lombardy and Veneto have been quarantined and students may not visit them or the surrounding towns. Out of an abundance of caution, SAI discourages travel within the region of Lombardy and to the regions Veneto and Piedmont. Students should contact on-site staff with concerns or questions.
January 30, 金殿棋牌: SAI is monitoring the CDC and WHO travel advisories regarding the Novel Coronavirus, originating in Wuhan, China金殿棋牌. We are encouraging all SAI students to maintain good general flu season precautions to ensure their health as well as that of their roommates and classmates. Students should contact on-site staff if they have any concerns.