At SAI we view each student as an individual with his or her own academic, professional and personal goals and objectives. We view it as our responsibility to provide each student with the environment and tools to reach their goals through study abroad. At each step in the process of study abroad, SAI holds true to its mission for providing all students with a cultural immersion learning experience that will allow them to develop a sense of global awareness and responsibility. Below is a simple step-by-step guide to applying to SAI, with some key steps outlined.
The Decision Process
- Begin researching SAI locations and programs. Speak with one of our Admissions Counselors about any of the following questions/priorities:
- Learn about our cities and partner schools
- Why do you want to study abroad?
- Where do you want to end up as a result of study abroad?
- What are your academic, professional and personal goals?
- Do you have a particular language interest or experience?
- What is your major/minor? Do you have any academic requirements to consider before studying abroad?
- Are there any special situations that need to be considered in planning your program abroad (i.e. academic requirements, sports, job, family, disability)?
- Where do you want to live: in a family 金殿棋牌stay or student apartment? With students from your 金殿棋牌 school or other schools?
- What sort of activities do you enjoy (i.e. music, sports, volunteering, newspaper, theater, student government)?
- What concerns do you have, if any, about studying abroad?
- Meet with your study abroad advisor at your 金殿棋牌 school (if applicable)
- Is SAI an affiliated program at your school? What does this mean for you? Even if SAI is not an affiliate program your school will nearly always still allow you to attend. How is this done?
- Discuss the courses you wish to take while abroad. Look at SAI course schedules (found under each SAI school)
- Discuss credit transfer approval. What will you need to provide your 金殿棋牌 school to ensure proper credit transfer?
- Discuss any important due dates. Your 金殿棋牌 school may have a study abroad application deadline that differs from SAI deadlines.
- Consider the various options
- Term. Before applying, students should decide when they would like to study abroad: during the summer, for a quarter or semester, or for the entire academic year. SAI offers summer, quarter, semester and short programs throughout the year.
- Courses. Students can access online course descriptions and syllabi as well as a list of courses offered during the selected term of study. You’ll need to provide alternative choices on the application. It is essential to talk with study abroad and academic advisors about credit transfer and to double check with SAI Admissions Counselors as to course availability.
- Application requirements. Each program has its own application requirements. SAI Admissions Counselors can confirm all necessary documentation and information (i.e. transcripts, portfolios).
- Housing. Students may choose what sort of housing they would like to live in and are able to make roommate requests.
- Research financing options
- Research program costs:
- SAI program costs
- 金殿棋牌 school costs (some schools have additional fees).
- Consider additional costs while abroad by browsing our budgets on each program page.
- Meet with your study abroad and/or financial aid advisor
- Understand your school’s billing procedures for students studying abroad.
- Discuss financial aid options (loans, federal aid, etc.), availability and processing.
- Will your current financial aid (if applicable) transfer to fund your study abroad program? If so, what does that process involve?
- If you are not eligible to receive funding from your 金殿棋牌 school, you may contact SAI for loan options.
- Research applicable scholarships and take note of application deadlines
- SAI Discounts. Are you eligible to receive any discounts through SAI?
- Your eligibility
- Will your 金殿棋牌 school approve you to study abroad?
- Do you meet SAI requirements?
- Get to know SAI
Get to know your Admissions Counselor
- Via email: admissions@
- Via phone: 800.655.8965
- Live Chat
Get to know SAI through our blog and social media accounts.
- Attend a Study Abroad Fair
Check with your study abroad office for the next study abroad fair hosted on your campus.
- Learn from Alumni
- Read blogs from SAI alumni
- Check our study abroad review websites
- Contact alumni (contact Admissions office for information)
You Have Decided to Apply
- Apply for a passport if you do not have one already
- Meet with your study abroad advisor
- Gain approval to study abroad
- Discuss credit transfer eligibility. Present the course descriptions and or/syllabi to your advisor for approval
- Fill out any forms needed from your 金殿棋牌 school
- Complete the SAI application and submit it along with supporting documents
- Pay the SAI application fee
Once SAI has received your completed application, your Admissions Counselor will review it. Upon acceptance, you will receive an email of acceptance detailing the process of confirming your enrollment in the program.
You Have Been Accepted
You have received your email of acceptance from your Admissions Counselor. The email contains instructions for confirming your enrollment.
- Submit payments
- Submit specific payments outlined in your email
- Financial aid processing
- Will you be using financial aid to fund your study abroad program?
- If so, print and fill out the financial aid documents
Once enrolled in the program, you will begin to communicate more frequently with your Admissions Counselor as you begin to prepare for your upcoming program abroad. You will receive detailed information about obtaining your Student Visa, registering for courses and housing, securing your airfare and much more!